We are now filled for the 2024 and 2025 seasons
William S. Knecht was born September 27, 1820. He and his wife Mary Lawall, born December 15, 1827 moved to Parvin in 1870 to operate Knecht’s Flour Mill. The land where the Mill stood was purchased by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and the Mill was removed. They had 2 sons, Peter and William, pictured above. Together they operated Knecht Brothers Flour Mill. The business name changed several times over the years and was incorporated as the Purity Flour Mill in 1947.
Peter built a wood framed two story home in 1885 next to the pond that was created to power the mill.